ABC Training & Testing - Road Testing & Vehicle Rental

ABC Training & Testing
ABC Training & Testing
ABC Training & Testing

Your First Step to Safety and Compliance
7203 Sears Road, Horton, Michigan 49246 · Email:
Phone: 517-563-2005 · Toll Free: 800-914-4605 · Fax: 517-563-2649

Road Testing and Vehicle Rental
road test
Road Testing
ABC Training and Testing is authorized as a Third Party Skills Testing organization by Michigan Department of State. However, applicants are under no obligation to test with us after training.
Graduated License Testing Requirements
Student must have held Level 1 Learner Permit for 180 days.
Student must have a Segment 2 Completion Certificate.
Student must have logged 50 hours of practice driving with 10 hours of night driving.
Student must be incident free for 90 days.

Adult Testing Requirements
Applicant must have held a valid, State of Michigan Temporary Instructional Permit (TIP) for 30 days.

CDL Skills Testing and Driver Evaluations
Commercial Driver Skills Tests and Driver Evaluations are available in seven counties, by appointment. Rentals are available in designated locations. Students are under no obligation to test with us.

motorcycle testing
Motorcycle Testing
All driver skills tests are on prepay basis and are non-refundable.
No rentals available - Jackson site only.

Motorcycle test applicants must bring the following documents:
·Valid Motorcycle Temporary Instructional Permit (TIP)
·Valid Michigan Driver License
·Current Motorcycle Proof of Insurance and Registration
To legally ride a motorcycle on Michigan roads, you must have a valid driver's license with a motorcycle endorsement "CY." To get a motorcycle endorsement you must complete the following steps:

1. Visit a Secretary of State office to take the vision and written knowledge tests.
Study the Michigan Motorcycle Operator Manual, available at any Secretary of State branch office or at the following link: Motorcycle Operator Manual.

This is a valuable study guide for the written test. After passing the written exam a Temporary Instruction Permit will be issued allowing you to practice riding under supervision on public roads

2. Pass a skills test from a third-party testing agency or successfully complete a certified motorcycle safety course. Teenagers ages 16 and 17 are required to take a motorcycle safety course.

3. Present your completion certificate at a Secretary of State office. The "CY" endorsement will be added to your license.

Pre-register by mail:
Download the Road Testing Application HERE

PDF file - to download, right click and select "Save Target As..."
Get Adobe Reader

Pre-register online:
Click HERE for the Road Testing Online Application

Testing and Rental Fees:
Call or email us for a quote.

Click HERE to return to the top of page

traffic light

All Rights Reserved · ABC Training & Testing · Horton, Michigan · 2004-2010