Corporate Office

7203 Sears Road
Horton, Michigan 49246

CALL   800-914-4605

Road Testing and Vehicle Rental

Road Testing

ABC Training and Testing is authorized as a Third Party Skills Testing organization by Michigan Department of State. However, applicants are under no obligation to test with us after training.

Graduated License Testing Requirements

  • Student must have held Level 1 Learner Permit for 180 days.
  • Student must have a Segment 2 Completion Certificate.
  • Student must have logged 50 hours of practice driving with 10 hours of night driving.
  • Student must be incident free for 90 days.
  • Cost for the Driving Test is $60

Adult Testing Requirements

  • Applicant must have held a valid, State of Michigan Temporary Instructional Permit (TIP) for 30 days.  Cost for the Driving Test is $60.

CDL Skills Testing and Driver Evaluations

  • Commercial Driver Skills Tests and Driver Evaluations are available in three counties, by appointment. Rentals (CDL-A only) are available at our Jackson, MI location only. Students are under no obligation to test with us.
  • 14-day requirement
  • Full CDL A test is $150
  • Full CDL B test is $125

Motorcycle Testing

  • Cost for the Motorcycle Test is $40.
  • No rentals available
  • Motorcycle Tests are available only at our Jackson, MI location.

Motorcycle test applicants must bring the following documents:

  • Valid Motorcycle Temporary Instructional Permit (TIP)
  • Valid Michigan Driver License
  • Current Motorcycle Proof of Insurance and Registration

To legally ride a motorcycle on Michigan roads, you must have a valid driver's license with a motorcycle endorsement "CY." To get a motorcycle endorsement you must complete the following steps:

  1. Visit a Secretary of State office to take the vision and written knowledge tests.
    Study the Michigan Motorcycle Operator Manual, available at any Secretary of State branch office or at the following link: Motorcycle Operator Manual. This is a valuable study guide for the written test. After passing the written exam a Temporary Instruction Permit will be issued allowing you to practice riding under supervision on public roads.
  2. Pass a skills test from a third-party testing agency or successfully complete a certified motorcycle safety course. Teenagers ages 16 and 17 are required to take a motorcycle safety course.
  3. Present your completion certificate at a Secretary of State office. The "CY" endorsement will be added to your license.

Pre-register by mail:

  • Download the Road Testing Application HERE

Pre-register online:

  • Click HERE for the Road Testing Online Application

Testing and Rental Fees:

  • Call or email us for a quote.
  • Auto: $60
  • CDL A: $150
  • CDL B or C: $125
  • CDL A Rental: $275

Facebook Posts

Unable to display Facebook posts.
Show error

Error: Error validating access token: Session has expired on Sunday, 12-Aug-18 02:30:36 PDT. The current time is Friday, 18-Oct-19 19:14:31 PDT.
Type: OAuthException
Code: 190
Subcode: 463
Please refer to our Error Message Reference.